If your child has been abused at a daycare center in Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, or anywhere in New Mexico, you’re likely shocked, angry, and you may even start to blame yourself. Sometimes, even the most responsible of us aren’t able to stop bad things from happening to the people that we love the most. While no one can reverse the damage done, you as a parent must do everything you can to help your child cope with the physical and mental effects of such an incident.
Clearly, the first thing you need to do is to contact the proper authorities and make a daycare abuse report. We also recommend calling the New Mexico Child Abuse Reporting Hotline at 1-800-797-3260 and/or the Childhelp USA National Child Abuse Hotline (staffed 24/7) at 1-800-4-A-CHILD. By acting quickly, you can ensure that this abuser is removed from the daycare before he or she has a chance to inflict further harm to others.
I realize that a lawsuit may not be on your mind right now, but it is something that you need to think about. Child therapy can be an expensive but necessary part of treatment for many abused children. Fortunately, our attorneys may be able to help you recover compensation from the day care facility – and we don’t charge anything to take on a case. Instead, we work on contingency. This simply means that we will take on your case for no cost to you, and you will never pay a cent unless we win you compensation. If we do win your case, we only take a predetermined percentage of the winnings as attorney fees. There’s no risk, and we will even explain your options for free when you call us at 1-877-403-9378.
New Mexico & Daycare Abuse
New Mexico obviously frowns upon child abuse. The justice system imposes heavy fines on such crimes as well as incarceration of individuals found to be abusing children. In addition, statistics point to the fact that New Mexico child abuse cases are some of the worst in the country, with many of these incidents leading to the death of a child.
Daycare abuse in New Mexico can be identified in a number of ways. Here are a few daycare abuse markers:
- Abused children tend to become withdrawn. This is usually due to physical or mental trauma inflicted on them by someone else.
- Your child may also become aggressive and start to act out by kicking, punching and biting you or other kids.
- The abused child may also experience nightmares and night terrors, interrupting his or her sleep on a regular basis.
- He or she may also have bruises or marks that never seem to heal. This is a sign of ongoing abuse.
- Your child may suddenly become excessively clinging and refuse to go to the daycare center when it’s time to do so.
- The abused child may exhibit an interest in sex at a young age; such children may have been exposed to sexual abuse.
- Your child may flinch every time they perceive that they’re being attacked either physically or verbally.
- Bedwetting may also signal some kind of abuse, as well as thumb sucking.
Daycare abuse can haunt a child and damage their psyche for a long time to come. In addition, these children may miss certain developmental milestones, making it hard for them to integrate into society. The damage done by this kid of abuse will need countless hours of therapy as well as medical intervention if the child has serious physical or sexual injuries.
If your child was abused in a New Mexico daycare center, you owe it to them as well as your family to seek help so you can recover the compensation you’ll need. Please call us today at 1-877-403-9378 and speak with one of our attorneys so we can see how best to help you. Alternatively, feel free to fill in the email form on this page and send it to us. We look forward to helping you and your family recover from this terrible situation.