Many parents across the country entrust childcare centers with their children as they go about their daily duties. These daycare centers provide an invaluable service as well as a means for children to interact with other kids of their age range. These centers are supposed to be havens of safety comfort and fun. However, this isn’t always the case as evidenced by the increasing number of daycare abuse cases in Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa and across the State of Arizona.
According to Arizona law, children who are abused in any environment have a right to seek justice and compensation against the abuser as well as any entity that made it possible through negligence for the abuse to happen. Some daycare centers may hire individuals without doing a thorough background check. This puts the lives of kids in danger, and can result in numerous instances of abuse meted out on innocent children.
Arizona daycare abuse can take on many forms. Given the fact that some instances of daycare abuse may take a while to become noticeable, it’s your responsibility as a parent to make sure that you watch for any suspicious behavior in your child so that you can stop ongoing abuse in its tracks.
Daycare abuse can be:
Children who become victims to Arizona daycare abuse may have certain symptoms and signs. These should be taken seriously, and it’s important to seek medical treatment as well as alert the police if you notice any of these signs.
Here’s a list of signs of daycare abuse:
- The child suddenly becomes withdrawn and silent.
- The abused child starts having nightmares and night terrors.
- The child refuses to go to the daycare or become clingy when it’s time to head over to the center.
- He/She has bruises, cuts and nicks that never seem to heal.
- The child starts walking with a limp, almost as if they have an injury.
- The child complains of a burning sensation while urinating.
- The child becomes aggressive as a defense mechanism in response to trauma.
- The child starts complaining about a certain daycare employee on a regular basis.
Your responsibility as a parent is to make sure that you listen to your child and take his or her complaints seriously. Make it a habit to examine him or her on a regular basis for anything untoward or suspicious.
There are various contributing causes of daycare abuse. Some of these include:
- Lack of adequate supervision.
- Lack of proper training.
- Failing to carry out extensive background checks on individuals.
- Failure to maintain a clean and safe environment.
It’s also worth noting that abuse can be carried out by other children in the center. In such cases, you can still sue the center for failing to supervise children in order to stop this kind of abuse from happening. In addition, Arizona daycare centers are responsible for alerting you in case they suspect that your child is being abused. In such cases, timely action can save your child and others from a lifetime of trauma.
We May Be Able To Help
Given the fact that this kind of abuse may require extensive therapy and treatment, you need to make sure to get in touch with a stellar attorney who has handled such cases in the past. Please call Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-403-9378 for your free consultation so we can see how best to help you. Alternatively, you can fill in the web form on this page and send it to us. We’ll get back to you in 24 hours. Thanks and we look forward to getting the justice you need and deserve for you and your family!