There have been a lot of product recalls within the last month. Items of food you are likely to find a child eating or drinking. Just this month, molasses cookies, nature snacks, melons, cheese and white bread were recalled! Although you may keep up with recalls, make sure your daycare is providing the same level of protection for your child.
Here are some tips on what to ask for and when:
- Ask for a weekly menu of daily lunches and snacks
- Find out their policy on what parents bring to the center
- Find out their policy on what you can bring to the center as a substitute for what they may be serving
- Provide them with any food allergies your child has
- Find out what they do to prevent food sharing among the children
- If there is a field trip planned, ask about the eating arrangements
- Ask your daycare to subscribe to the regular FDA alerts and recalls.
It is difficult to watch everything your child eats when they are in another person’s care. If you think your child has suffered due to an allergic reaction or injury due to eating foods provided by the daycare staff, be sure to contact us for immediate legal assistance.