Daycare centers in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, and across the State of Louisiana provide a valuable service to parents who may be too busy to stay home with their kids around the clock. Our busy schedules often require us to seek childcare services, and daycare centers definitely serve a need. These centers are seen as safe havens where children can interact with their peers as well as participate in activities that may be beneficial to their development – but there are also dangers which you must watch out for.
Daycare Centers Are Not Free From Evil
Not all daycare centers are cut from the same cloth. While stringent regulations ensure that these children are kept in a safe environment, some individuals slip through the cracks and become a danger to young ones. These days, it’s not uncommon to hear about daycare centers in the news which have been forced to shut down due to cases of abuse. In some of these cases, the abuse affects more than one child, and the offending party has a history of abuse. In ALL Louisiana daycare abuse cases, it is important to seek the services of a qualified Louisiana daycare abuse lawyer in order to get justice as well as to stop these events from happening in the future.
Abuse can come in many forms. Some of these include:
- Physical abuse such as hitting, slapping, pinching or pushing a kid.
- Sexual abuse which includes touching in an inappropriate manner or even sexually-charged discussion.
- Psychological abuse such as the use of derisive language, intimidating, taunting, bullying or threatening.
- Neglect such as not feeding a child his meal at a designated time.
- Emotional abuse such as ignoring a child when they need help or segregating them from the rest of the group.
Have an Open Line of Communication with Your Child
Because daycare abuse can go unnoticed, it’s important to have an open line of communication so that you know exactly what’s going on in your son’s or daughter’s daycare. In addition, it’s usually a good idea to teach them what is appropriate and what is wrong when it comes to their interaction with an adult.
Daycare abuse in Louisiana is a crime under the law and it should be reported to the authorities in a timely manner. In addition to contacting a daycare abuse lawyer in Louisiana, please call the Crimes Against Children Hotline at 1-800-482-5964 to file a report.
Here are a few signs which may signal child abuse:
- Your child becomes withdrawn and quiet.
- Your child starts experiences nightmares and wakes up numerous times at night.
- Your kid starts showing signs of aggression such as cruelty to small animals, you and other kids.
- Unexplained bumps and bruising on the child’s body.
- Your child becomes clingy and doesn’t want to go to the daycare center when it’s time to do so.
- Your child shows an newfound interest in sex and/or genitalia.
- Your child shows signs of psychological trauma such as finger sucking, head banging or rocking back and forth.
If you notice any of these signs in your child, it’s important to seek help from a qualified Louisiana child abuse attorney as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss the facts of your case with an attorney for free, please call Rasansky Law Firm at 1-877-403-9378 today for your free consultation. We have the needed experience when it comes to dealing with such cases, and we will take your case on for no up-front costs – we only get paid if we win your case!